Friday, March 5, 2010

A peek of Spring and so many changes in a year- Living with Spinal Muscular Atrophy


The sun has been out the last three days and "Spring Fever" has attacked my inner being. The snow is almost gone and it actually has been in the 40s. That is a heat wave compared to the last few previous months. Spring  " sigh of relief" we have made it through another winter with out too many illnesses.

Christen is 27 today. Hard to believe that my last child is sneaking up on 30. Wow, now I am feeling my age. I must say though that I had a compliment last Saturday when we were getting our taxes done. I loved it. The woman loved my hair and also said I looked like I was in my 30s. LOL She must of needed to get her glasses fixed but it was nice to a compliment. I needed it even though I know I don't look that young. Nice thought though.  For second there I felt like I had went back through time. I used to be told that a lot before my accident and my weight gain. I have felt for a long time I have aged very quick the last 7 years.  My husband sure has aged so much just this past year. Amazing what stress can do to you isn't it?

A year ago today my husband lost his job of  over 30 years for good.  So, many changes in just one year. Now, Paul is in Trade school and the top of his class. We are still alive and well. Our finances are WORSE  than ever but we are surviving. Paul has school until October and hopefully will be placed in a job right from school ,stay on unemployment until he gets done with school or I do not know what we are going to do.

We just got back from a awesome doctor visit with DR.Schroth in Madison. Elizabeth had photos taken with her machines/equipment for the  new book they are doing.  DR.Schroth was very pleased with Elizabeth her weight gain and just every thing. We are still waiting on Elizabeth's new bipap the Trilogy from APRIA. They have not EVEN submitted it yet. grrr  Not much in changes for Lizzy.  Just upped her meds. Diet was great with no changes and I had them up Lizzy's IPV to 30 instead of 20. That made a huge impact on her treatment on how much  more productive the IPV treatments have been. Lizzy also got blood tests done for her aminos, fatty Acids etc.  Lizzy is ear infection is ALL cleared up.  It was a great visit to Madison. We had a quick lunch with Katie and Avery Poole and Shannon , Justin and Addison while we were there.  Then, we went to lunch with Katie the day we left. We did not get to spend much time with our friends but it was good to see them. We stayed at the Hilton  HOME WOOD Suites . My gosh... talk about awesome. We have never stayed at any where so nice. We didn't want to go home!!  They had dinner( we ate one night dinner) and their breakfasts were so good. My diet flew out the door for breakfast!! I have lost some weight but only went down a bra size LOL so that is all I have noticed but I am not giving up!!
Our little friend Drew had surgery this week and as far as know he is doing well. Add him to your prayers so he heals quickly.
We have a HUGE Summer planned and can not wait to be able to be start it.
Many prayers to all the sick kids and kids recovering from surgeries.
" We believe in miracles because we live with one"
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

1 comment:

Barb said...

So glad you had a great visit with Dr. S. Drew is recovering and we also are looking forward to spring and summer.