Sunday, August 29, 2010

Living with Spinal Muscular Atrophy- "Remembering John Wayne"

Sleep is not something I get  a lot of . I think I have averaged 5 hours sleep a night for the past 7 years. So, last night after Lizzy's treatments, stretches ,prayers and getting her all set up for her beauty sleep I tried to go to sleep but as usual my mind was not letting me. Watching  all about  wedding cakes and then flipping through the channels I found a John Wayne movie. I was excited. I used to watch John Wayne movies when I was a kid. John Wayne reminds me of my Grandpa Reed who passed away many years ago. I miss him so much and and Grandma Reed. I loved being with them as a kid. My grandpa used to shake his head every time I got myself into trouble while staying with them. He used to call me a "Pistol" . I used to ride horses, tinker around in the machine shed, help mow , gather eggs and feed the chickens etc. The smell of coffee and bacon used to linger in the morning air when I would wake up at their house. I love that time in my life. Wow, time does fly by. Wish I could go back if even for an hour or so.

Its been a good week-end. Quiet hardly no phone calls every-one gone Saturday and mostly today. Just Lizzy and I . Its been peaceful. It was back to HOT weather. Loved the weather last week. Too good to be true/

Dana had to drop Reed back off at the base and she lost it. She cried most of the way home from Kentucky. I know it hurts me too he is so far away and we are not able to talk to him or see him when ever we want. Dana will be okay. She is lot like her Mama. Shedding tears used to be hard for us until are babies grew up. Seems like I shed more tears these past few months more than I ever had.
This week we see DR.Hough for the last time on Wednesday. I am sure I will shed more tears on that day too.
Things are changing fast.
I want to live where I enjoy the weather and Lizzy can enjoying going outside almost every day. Where that is..... far away from here.
I was told today by my stepmother if I move away she will sell my inheritance!!  She said she was at a sale today and she could  get big bucks for her China Cabinet that I have always wanted . That does not count what was inside!! LOL  I can not believe she said that!!
Every thing is back to normal  almost.
We are proud of you Reed Michael Huette.
 I need to go find another John Wayne movie.
"We believe in miracles because we live with one!"
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth





No comments: