Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Living with Spinal Muscular Atrophy - "Life is good!"










Life is good. Every just think to yourself, " life is good?"Things are better? Then, take a big "sigh" and say "Oh yeah" this is what its all about.

Lizzy got her new Bipap/Vent. The Trilogy. She loves it!!! We switched to a wonderful respiratory care company out of Indiana . Mobile Medical Maintenance. They have RTs in Peoria. DR. Schroth hooked us up . No more dealing with denials from Apria !! Thank you DR.Schroth!!! Apria the company in general has been the biggest pain  in my hiney since we have started getting respiratory equipment for Elizabeth .Yeeeee Haw..... As, I said, Life is Good. They are also trying to get Lizzy a new suction machine and a few other things.
Elizabeth is actually wearing her hand splints , knee immobilizers every day now. She has been back in her stander also. Life is good.

We are searching for a new donor for breast milk for Elizabeth. Her current frequent donor is pregnant. So, happy for Dina and her family but going to miss her . She gave Lizzy her most precious gift  that only God can make.  Thank you Dina so much for helping Elizabeth.

Elizabeth is on her computer most of the time and has been for over a year. She finds so many games online she can play. She uses an online key board for the up /down buttons and uses it to type in where she wants to go. Its great to see her able to go any where she wants on the internet. (Yes, she is monitored). It makes her world so much better. Life is good

My handy husband finally replaced the down stairs light fixtures. Some that have been gathering dust since 2004. I bought some of them  myself when I was getting ready to redo my house. Things have not been the same around here since 2004 The carpet in the living-room was finally replaced . It has been in the dining room  rolled up  in a corner since before Christmas last year.
Life is good.


I got all my wood work washed ,my window seals clean and my curtains washed while every one was at the parade yesterday. Life is good.

We have been cooking up a storm around here. Christen has learned to make pie crust. She made a pecan pie and pumpkin pie last night and brownies tonight.  I am totally allergic. I break out in fat every where!!I have been good.  I am getting ready to make hair bows again for the holidays and for a few fundraisers. Its been hard with all we have to do all summer. We are so busy still but no big trips for awhile.

Lizzy fundraiser is October 23. We have a great committee and I think it will be a huge success!!

"We believe in miracles because we live with one!"

www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth





1 comment:

CureSMA4Stella said...

So glad to hear all is well! Lizzy, you look great as usual!!! Love to all!