Monday, November 8, 2010

Living with SMA - I have a voice!

I have my voice back!!  I am excited!! Its been almost two weeks with out a voice.  I am feeling a lot better today.
I feel like I have been lost for two weeks!! Lizzy has finally calmed down today and does not freak out when I go out of the room for a second. Not sure what is up with that one. I have taken totally care of her myself since before her illness then mine. No help at all. Amazing,  how long recovery takes when you yourself  are sick taking care of another sick and not resting at all.  Its been very stressful last few weeks. No one understands why  I have taken so long to recover. I got myself on some antibiotics and this is day 5 and Success!!  My sinuses have been bleeding also.  My gosh its been a  two week long nightmare!!  Every one kept saying to me I am so cranky........... well yeah..... HELLO any one want to help me with Lizzy or with other things around here? That does not happen sorry to say. My daughter Jess gave me a lecture on taking care of myself.... Yeah, okay Jess...... I have not even covered my gray/white hair in months because I do not have the time to do that. Jess says ," Mom you are  getting so much white hair. " In said ( LOL) I have not colored it because I want everyone to see what they have done to me!!" LOL  I just had to add that comment........ to her mine discussion!!  She does not come by much since she moved out of town.  Yeah, feeling sorry for myself you got it.
Today , I am making out my bills and mailing them. Getting caught up on laundry, mailing out a few packages, reading my 500+ emails that I would only skim through and see which ones I needed to reply to quickly Some days I did not have have the energy to get online.. Busy huh? Its amazing what does not get done when you are sick . I have tried so hard to so much  more this past few weeks buts its been impossible for me to do anything more than what I have done. The great thing is Lizzy is doing great an that is the man thing. I was thinking what would happen to her if something happened to me. Tears would well up in my eyes.I really do not want think about that. I think God will keep me around as long as I am needed. My bond and  commitment to Elizabeth is very strong. . My bond is strong to all the families I have met , know and help.

We have gotten another BM donor for Elizabeth and we are very excited. Soon as we lose a donor another mom contacts us. Talk about Divine intervention!! Breast milk has helped Lizzy so much!!

Many prayers for Lizzy's friend Drew. He will have surgery soon for his hip. He and his family have a very special place in our hearts. A great family that we love spending time with.
Prayers to Mary Nelson she is still recovering. Prayers to Kaitlyn in Canada and prayers to all the babies/kids that are sick or recovering.

"We believe in miracles because we live with one!!"
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

No comments: