Monday, June 18, 2012

Trying to understand and spending time with friends - Living with Spinal Muscular Atrophy




Its been a very emotional last few months. Watching my stepfather die right before my eyes was about the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I was the one that found him after he passed. My emotions have betrayed me. I am not sure why. I usually can control my emotions but I have been a emotional roller coaster for over a week.

He entered my life  the first time when I was in the second grade. He was my moms date. He dropped out of sight for a few years and then mom and him married when I was in the 5th grade . I am going to be 54yrs old next month. That is a long time to have someone in your life.

I got all my siblings home to see him before he passed away. He did want to see all of us before he died. It was one of his last requests.

So, as I write this update I have a shed a few tears thinking about not hearing his crazy laugh or hearing one of his stories any more.

The good news is we are going to Minnesota on Wed for the FSMA conference. Its just Christen, Lizzy and me. Caitlyn wants to go badly but I am not sure if she can go. We shall see. Packing lunches for the trip and taking a lot of food from home . Spending time with friends is what we are so looking forward to!! Lizzy is so excited she can barely sleep!!!

Please add us to your prayers to have a safe trip there and home!

"We believe in miracles because we live with one!"
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth










No comments: