Saturday, July 14, 2012

Loving life and Enjoying Summer - Living with Spinal Atrophy Type 1

Finally, things are getting back to normal around here. Well, as normal as they can be!
Its amazing how time flies during the summer. In about a month Lizzy will be back in school.
We had a great trip to Minnesota. Spending time with good friends and family is what summer is all about.
We are not doing everything we wanted to do this summer due to circumstances beyond our control.
We are trying to get our house back organized again. When you have a lot going on you do not realized how things get behind until one day you take a look and then you think how did I let this go?
Mom seems to be doing well these days. Doing well adjusting to my step father's passing. Hopefully, we will have the trailer sold soon. We have done a lot of cleaning and fixing to the trailer so I hope it sells quick to people that will take care of it. Its a steal for the price of $6,499.00. The handicapped bathtub was $7,000 alone. I just want to get it sold so one less thing to worry about. 
Our van needs work again. It needs new shocks etc. Its always something. Its getting close to 200,000 miles. So, that cut down on some trips we wanted to take this summer.
Paul is still out of work but we are getting by. Its surprising how quick I can decide what we need and what we can live with out. Lizzy never goes with out anything she needs. I always find a way to get her what she needs.
Lizzy is too funny. She does not miss a thing. When I say "OH NO" she always asks "Is it going to be okay?" From the weather to her health. She is very opinionated and just a great kid. Her strength keeps me going. She inspires me. I love her love of life. She still says " I love myself". She is always showing me something else she figured out to do. Her conversations on the phone cracks me up.

Here she is talking and sucking on bacon. No, I do not let her eat bacon often! LOL Her shirt says "That is how I roll" She has so much personality and the shirt she has on is really her attitude!!


It has been hard the last few years but with faith, love and help from friends we seem to get through it. We will get through with God's guidance. 
I would not know what it is like just to blow money!! I am thankful for what we have. That is what life is all about family and friends. Not,  what we have... its who we are and the people we have become. 
I go on Pinterest and dream that is how I get through!! LOL 

I know it seems I have lost some of my sense humor this past year but its still there just put on hold. I am not sure why I just seem more serious these days. 
My mom and Caitlyn will have a party on Saturday next week at Dawn and Jeff's . It will be good to get mom out. I hope its not hot. I know summer is for hot weather but I can live with out 90 and 100 degree weather!!! 
Hope you are having a great summer! We are trying to have a great one. Just take each day as it comes. Living life is what it is all about!! 
"We believe in miracles because we live with one! "
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth 







No comments: