Thursday, October 31, 2013

Celebration of Life for an Inspiring Woman- Living with Spinal Muscular Atrophy


A Celebration of Life for a woman who really influenced my life was today Oct. 31. My stepmother Rosalind Reed lost her life to Cancer on October 25,2013. She was just 70 years young. I do not like calling her my 'stepmother" She was more like a mother to me. She helped me so much figuring out difficult situations my whole adult life.  I feel like I lost one of my best friends. Before, Lizzy was diagnosed we did so much together for so many years. We went to auctions when I was a kid. We had fabulous holiday gatherings with her and my dad until her passing. She took my us with her everywhere with her for many years. Horse shows, craft shows and so many different places. She just really enjoyed life!! She was very much loved by all that met her.
Please, say a few prayers for our family and mainly my dad to get through the days ahead with out her.
Her illness and diagnosis was so quick. I have cried for over three weeks trying to be able to accept that is was her time soon. I think it was one hardest things I ever had to handle. Part of my heart died with her I think. She was a wonderful teacher.mentor and a great friend. Its so very sad.  I just thank God for having her in my life.
She thought I was not happy because I have been home all the time taking care of Lizzy the past 10 years. In truth ,I told her" this is what God had planned for my life."  I accept it and it okay. I am fine.  The people I have met in The SMA world are some of the kindest sweetest people that I have ever met. God picked me to help take care of Lizzy and now my husband too. I am very good at what I do  I am not unhappy with my life at all.
Roz will not be physically in this world  with us but, I know she will be watching over me and my family. We will be together some day again. I know we will. Thank you Roz for being in my life. I will cherish the memories forever.

No comments: