Monday, July 14, 2008

July and being 50

Well I will be a half a century old here in a few days . July 19 I will be
50. I was born July 19, 1958 . Wow, it hard to believe what I have lived through and it all seems like yesterday. I remember being 13 and working at the Root beer Stand and car hopping for 50 cents an hour. I remember all those boyfriends I had. Which after I turned 14 were many. Every one meant something. The Doobie Brothers Concert, Blue Oyster Cult, Black Oak Arkansas, Led Zeppelin, hip hugger blue jeans, crop tops, and moccasins. My marriage to my husband was Dec 1974. I was 16!! My first daughter Dana in 75 . Then my Dawn in 79, Jessica in 82 and my baby Christen in 83.
So much......I have lived. Paul is still with me so I must of done something right. We loved riding the harley ,buying leather and partying. It was great to be hot and feeling the wind in my face after the late 30s hit and my kids were bigger and we did things together again alone.

I remember riding Chuck one of our horses and him getting close to home after riding the section and ending up in the barn in his stall because he would take off on me. Riding the motor bike and my brother chasing me on gravel roads to take the motor bike away!! Partying oh my gosh I loved to party LOL My gosh the memories. I was a rebel.
Then about 5 years ago a little miracle entered my life and my whole life changed. She has showed me how not to take life for granted. She has taught me so much. Life feels totally different. Things that used to stress me out are "poof "nothing anymore. I had to teach myself patience. I surely was not born with patience but I have learned some in the past few years. Most of all I learned not to give up.
My old friends gave up waiting on me and I lost them . I had to make sure Lizzy was going to be okay. They just didnt get it. How I could put a child first in my life and a grand-child at that. I had to fight to save her.
Still I worry about Lizzy but not as much as I used to. My brother was here from Kuwait and took me out to eat Saturday and I left for a few hours and it felt so good to be out for awhile. Then I started to worry so I called Lizzy (at home with Christen) and she wanted me home since she was tired . I did not even think twice I went home.
Since she entered my life..... my life really means something to her and many others. God put me here I feel to help fight for her and other kids with Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I do what ever it takes to give her the healthiest happiest life as possible.
So, yes my 50 years has gone by fast but I am content. Love makes you that way.
Have a great summer.

2 comments:

Sky said...

Wow a blog... I LOVED IT and LOVE IT!!! Happy Birthday early, your still a young chick in my book!!! And it sounds as if you have made the write choices in your life, I truly enjoyed reading it and I have book marked it to read future updates!!! Jeanna your an amazing person and your love for your family is something to be celebrated. Big Hugs to you and BIG Kisses to Lizzy from Sky and I

Sophia's mom said...

Great blog Jeanna! I loved reading it. Lizzy knows how lucky she is to have you! Can't wait to read the updates, and more stories of your past. Spare no details please! We are all ears. Did you know that 50 is the new 40? hugs from Sophia, Lila & I.