Friday, April 24, 2009

Weight gain and growing(Spinal Muscular Atrophy)


Lizzy had a check up here yesterday and she is 29 pounds!! and 44 inches. Now, just think about this ..... less than a month ago she was at Madison and weighed 27 pounds and was 41 1/2 inches!! I am a thinking that its the donor breast milk from the donors that have been helping us out getting Lizzy what she needs. It seems she is stronger and just doing awesome. I am telling you I am a " Believer in Breast Milk for Type 1 SMA babies/kids " Lizzy is the "proof" It is the reason Lizzy is gaining and doing so well. I had upped her when she was sick to 20 ounces then had her on 16-18 ounces a day after that. I just cut her back a bit because since October she has gained about 7 pounds. Amazing. That you to all wonderful Mom's that have donated your Milk to Lizzy. I think its the most wonderful gift you can give and to share it takes a special person

Lizzy has an IEP coming up. We have a new coordinator for special needs here so lets pray they let us do the video conferencing.

Paul still has not got a job and we have applied EVERY where for jobs for him and not too many places are interested. I am not sure why. Is it his age? He was a great worker. He is driving me insane being home all the time. Its like I lost all my rights to watch any shows on TV. Him and Brandon play that Play X box 3 (Brandon Lizzy's Dad) and Its history channel 24/7 or combat games onlines. So, I do not get a chance to get online much or watch TV. Thank goodness its spring and we can get outside.

Many prayers for the newly diagnosed families , sick kids and ones that have lost loved ones. May God give you the strength you need to get through the days ahead.

We believe in miracles.
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

No comments: