Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thank you (Spinal Muscular Atrophy)

Sorry, I have been MIA online this past week. Christen has been sick this week(She is on antibiotic) and I am keeping her clear from Lizzy and me. She is better but still has a hacking cough. Ewwwww all those GERMS. I am not wanting to get sick or get Lizzy sick while on our road trip this coming week. So, I have been chasing my tail all week not getting caught up or at the a point I can pack yet. Its been frustrating to say the least.

The Bake sale. CAR wash was really great!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! They raised around $500.00!! That is such a big help. OMG! Thank you Friends , family and people in our community of Pontiac for your support and help!! Today my daughter Dana has a car show at the park and runs a concession stand and selling some of the Boutique hair bows I made also. She has already sold 5 this morning so that is GREAT. AT $4.00 A PIECE that will help too. We have enough money for motels room and gas now so we should be good!! Thank you to the many great friends we have!!!

Lizzy is doing pretty good even though the humidity is so thick you can cut it with a knife.
She has grown so much this year that some of her summer clothes that were bought in May are too small!

Lizzy will not be the MDA Good Will Ambassador for central IL this year so that is one less thing we have to worry about. We can SLOW down on feeling obligated to go to things we have no time for .. Don't get me wrong we will be at the telethon and some other MDA things. Lizzy has been the ambassador for three years running and that was quite an honor but we felt obligated to do and go to EVERY function that involved the MDA. If Lizzy was not sick or we were not in CA we rearranged our schedule to make sure we made an appearance. This next year if we have something else to do then we will pass and not change or plans. We will still be at the telethon with Lizzy this year. Other kids also need that honor and the chance to help the MDA . It really was time for us to take a break ...... ahhhhhhh. . As, you all know it takes time for us to go any where.

Hope you are having great summer!!! Keep us in your prayers we leave WED!! Many Prayers to my friend Mary and her family. Many prayers for MJ too!!

Will leave Thursday to CA so with every thing I have to do I probably will not be around much this week either.

So, if I owe you something by mail I will send it after Christen is totally WELL. I am not sending that germ any where!!

We believe in miracles because we live with one!!

www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

No comments: