Monday, December 6, 2010

Snow Snow Snow!! Living with Spinal Muscular Atrophy





Lizzy is loving this snow!! She had a blast outside on Saturday. Until she went out in it she was asking all day to go out. She was concerned she did not match!! LOL Our Fashion conscious 7 year old.
She was yelling at her Mom saying" Faster Faster!". She was so excited. Then, when she came in she had been so excited and with the cold she was having some trouble talking. Extra coughs and she was perfectly fine.
She is so excited this year about Christmas she started singing Christmas carols shortly after Thanksgiving.

Lizzy has a teacher coming to the house twice a week now and is loving it. The school provided her with the clicker 5 program also today. She is so excited to have a teacher! All day before her teacher comes Lizzy is so hyper!!We really likes her teacher Becky. I actually have a baby monitor set up and I am in the next room. Shocked that I leave her side? I am. I did not think I could do that but I have. It was my decision .  So, far Lizzy lets me know if she has "bubbles". I never thought that day would come but it has.

Paul and my anniversary was yesterday. Thirty six years married to the same man. What is really sad is that he was gone all day helping Brandon do some things. I guess the older you get in the male mind sometimes its no big deal. I dropped a few tears here and there all day yesterday.  I was glad I didn't have to watch football but why was he not spending the day with me?  Too me it means a "Big deal". I have been through a lot with this man and I think celebrating is something we should of done. We used to take off and go shopping for 3 days and stay at a motel. I understand we do not have the money for that these days but to go some where would of been great. Its over with done. Time to go on to the new day. Thinking positive is something I try real hard at. Some days its harder than others. Is this instance in my life an "Eye Opener"? or is it just life as you grow old together? Hmmmm... That one will take some time to figure out. Yeah I know, "STAY POSITIVE" okay I will try

Its is bitter cold here right now!! Last year it was a cold here all winter. At least Lizzy got to go out at least once this year. I miss CA this time of year.

Elizabeth is doing quite well the older she gets. Her strength is quite remarkable.  I am so thankful she is doing so well. Patience is one thing she has none of though. Everything has to be right this second!! .

I love Christmas and that warm fuzzy feeling you get this time of year. You really are thankful for the friends and family you have.
Many Hugs and Happy Holidays!!

"We believe in miracles because we live with one!"
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, thanks for sharing these pic's Jeanna! Lizzy is so beautiful! Wish I could play in the snow with her.
Happy Anniversary! That's a long time. Yes, you should think positive. You and Paul make a good team, taking care of your family in such an unselfish way and setting an example of true love and what really matters in this life to your children and grandchildren. Tell him you need a date night this weekend, you deserve it!! :) Love to you and your family Jeanna. Stay warm.

Maria B. said...

I look forward to your updates. So please keep them coming. I love to keep up with kids the same age as our son Joseph.
And Happy Anniversary to you!!!
Sending you hugs.
And please send us some snow for Christmas!

Barb said...

Drew is very jealous that Lizzy is enjoying the snow. Yes, we have lots of snow--probably more than you--but Drew is stuck inside in his spica cast.
Congrats to you and Paul!
Love you guys!
Barb

Lizzy's Nina said...

Thank you all for your great comments!! (( Hugs))