Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sickness, blizzard and facebook works better than calling 911 - Living with Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1


 Jan.23
First thing I want to ask is to PLEASE add Lizzy to your prayers. Not sure what is up but she has been asking for extra bipap, was complaining of stomach issues and just not herself. Her O2 is great, heart-rate has been normal been doing some extra treatments but she seems to have a hard time shaking what ever is going on. I thought she was doing fine then again tonight and last night she insisted to be put on bipap around 6pm.
Wish, I knew what was this is.
Now,OMG this last week has been crazy. My mom was admitted to the hospital again last Sunday. My step father called me around 10:30 am last Sunday. He said "To have me or Christen to come right over as mom needed us to help her have a bath because she was having a heart attack and wanted a bath before we took her to the ER. " What?? She wants a bath while having a heartache? You say what?  I don't not think so.I called 911 immediately and had to get myself dressed and out the door.  Hooded sweat shirt, blue jeans and leopard slippers. Paul and I were out the door and at mom's in about 6 mins. Mom had a EKG and it showed she has stress on her heart. Oh my......back to Bloomington to the hospital. We were at the ER for approx 5 1/2 hours . I had to go get a nurse about 5 times and demand she have something for pain. She was in intense pain . It was terrible to watch her suffer they way she was. Finally, they gave her nitro . That did not stop the pain in her chest so I went out and got the reception people to get the nurse yet again after a hour or so wait again. Finally, they gave her morphine, That did the trick.
I was at the hospital Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with her. This time she was in a unit a step down from ICU and had a very bad hospital day. The nurses were not the most nicest and in fact were RUDE. To make a long story short she was released on Thursday. After, she was back to Pontiac she had to go to Wal-mart grabbed the portable wheel chair and she was off. Paul and Dawn had to find her. She was shopping!! It took them almost 2 hours to finally get her out of there. Go grandma!!
The van broke down on Tuesday. The heater fan quit working. Below 0 wind chill factor and the van goes out. We did not have the van until Saturday.
Jan.28,2011
I am sorry I still have not finished my post. Lizzy has been sick all week . She has been extra bipap until yesterday. She said her tummy felt full. No higher heart rate, No lower o2, no residue yet she seemed to be in pain. After trying everything I knew and picking the brains of my close friends. I tried fresh lemon( squeezed a couple drops down her g-tube) and ginger compresses she is back to herself. I am just glad she is better.
Feb 3 ,2011
Okay finally I am going to finish this.
We had a blizzard this week. My daughter Dana was stuck in a ditch that no one could get to her for over 4 hours. 911 said they made no promises.  She walked in the blizzard to the nearest farm house. A friend read on facebook that Dawn had posted prayers to keep her safe. The friend Lacey sent two guy friends out to get  Dana on snow mobiles. As I always say " We believe in miracles!" facebook worked better than 911!!

Suggestion: When your child's tummy hurts try taking a bowl of water add 1/2 tsp ginger 1c water (The spice) mix well put in microwave approx 25 seconds . Then put a wash rag in the water squeeze out excess water and make sure its warm but comfortable as a compress on the tummy. Sooths the tummy.

Happy 14th birthday to Madison Reed tomorrow!! Have a wonderful day princess!!

" We believe in miracles because we live with one!"
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hey, Jeanna, I think you need a little excitement in your life:) Seriously, I do hope things settle down; so glad that Lizzy is feeling better. Hope you can get some rest.