Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Finally better

Lizzy is finally back to baseline !!! whooooo hooooo. She is doing pretty well. She is in her power chair a lot these days and I think that is great!! She is all over and getting to be a pro !!
The FSMA conference is next week and I feel so bad we are going to miss it because so many type 1 families are going to be there this year. I want to meet them and let them meet Lizzy!!
Lizzy is having issues with contractures in her elbows. She is having a hard time reaching to her mouth sometimes. Her legs are moving so well .I just am not understanding these contractures. I work with her all every day and stretch and massage her arms, legs , neck and back. I have her OT getting a adjustment for her arm brace so it doesnt bother her so much so she will wear it more. Serial casting is going great! Lizzy is neutral on one side and -8 on the other side so finally we are almost DONE!! She started out -22 on one foot and -37 on her bad foot so its worked!! Its just been hard driving to Peoria once a week to get her done.Gas prices are over 4.00 a gallon!! She got delayed because she had been sick and the ortho guy accidently over stretched her bad foot.
Well, I am hoping to get out side and enjoy some of that summer weather if it the sun will shine again.
Our Trip to CA to see DR.Wang is July 10 but.... I am afraid that Mercy Medical Airlift is not going to help us because we can not get them to answer our calls. I am freaken over this one. I pray they get us a flight. I know things are rough but Lizzy has to get out there to see DR.Wang or she will not get the med she needs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice to hear Lizzy is better and you are better!! Give her a big hug from us.