Sunday, June 1, 2008

Getting Better

Finally after 2 weeks Lizzy is starting to get better. She has been so sick with a virus that was the worst one I can ever remember. Its brutal.

I have been really sick also but I am just coughing at night still.

Lizzy was still plugging as of yesterday.

Today she has been doing great. She was out side today with Papa for a little while.

My life has changed so much over the past 4 years because of Lizzy. I thought I was done raising kids but then Lizzy entered my life.

She is such a wonderful kid and surprises me on a daily basis.



Living with SMA Type 1 is totally heart breaking and there are no guarantees these kids will survive but I do what-ever to takes to keep her precious life as happy and healthy as possible.

We have lost many kids to this disease and every time I think a piece of my heart dies when we lose one.

It makes me so mad when their parents have done everything possible for their child and they still lose them.

It makes me mad when some parent acts like they are the only one dealing with this disease and tries to bring so much attention to them selves. We all have it hard. Its not easy for any of us. We do not use nurses for Lizzy because its hard finding one that understands SMA.

I do what I do because I love Lizzy so much and try so hard to help others.
Well pray Lizzy continues to do better.
Hope you have a great week

No comments: