Thursday, February 26, 2009

Elizabeth has grown !! (Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1)







Picture above is Lizzy with Tony Plattner.
We took Lizzy to get her new TLSO and AFOs today. The difference in sizes were shocking!! Its was a bit over 6 months ago she got her last ones. Wow, what a difference. I knew my back was bothering me for awhile but now I know why!! Carrying her up and down the stairs is kicking my hiney!!

We have some great news. We found a wonderful Mom willing to donate Lizzy some of her breast milk every month!! Its a miracle!! Can you believe it!! Some-one actually will donate to Lizzy!! We will get her first batch after we get back from CA. I am so excited. There are a few other moms that have offered too help us with 300 oz here and 200 ounces there also. Its that not fantastic? Mary Jo another wonderful Mom sent Lizzy some to get her through her illness and a few weeks. So, I can stop being in panic mode for awhile. She is doing so great on the donor breast milk. I hate to have to cut her back. The power of prayer !! People are just so kind !! I am so excited!!

We believe in Miracles!!!!!!
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

1 comment:

Barb said...

YIPPEE! I'm so glad you have found someone for Lizzy's milk. Drew's mom and I talk about you guys every day. I hope that things continue to go well for you!