Tuesday, June 9, 2009

An adventure for Lizzy( Spinal Muscular Atrophy)



Lizzy is feeling better.
Her Papa and her took off tonight scared the bejeepers out of me . Lizzy(in her Purple power chair as she calls it) and him went out-side as usual in the evening. I looked outside and they were GONE. Granted he takes her on walks and they were no where in site. So, I called his cell phone because it was time for Lizzy to eat and I wanted to know Where in heck he had run off with her. Well, he answered his phone and I said "Where are you with Elizabeth." He said "On our way back" I said "ahhh back from where? He put Lizzy on the phone and she said "THE DUCK PARK NINA" They had taken off together walking and kept going. Its only about 5 blocks away. He had suction machine with him as usual and he said I had my phone and she was fine. They could of told me before they ventured off. She had been sick this past week.
She came in smiling from ear to ear. She said " I saw the ducks but they are not ducks Papa said they were geese, a dog ,a little boy, all kinds of people, cops waved at me and I had fun!! " I gave her a cough and suction then hooked up her feed. She was quite pleased with herself. Paul said "She asked 1000 questions and stopped looking at flowers and everything that interested her. " People stopped doing what they were doing just to talk to her. She talked to every-one he said . He said "I told you we were going on a walk" ( I did not hear him I guess because I was making supper I guess) So, she had her adventure today.

Yesterday, She pulled a good one. She had an eval from a Psychiatrist to determine her cognitive skills. Well, she did not cooperate at all with him. I did not go I had to watch Corbyn and Caitlyn. It might of been a good thing because this was a waiver program to help us get Lizzy some of the stuff she needs we are unable to get her like a lift for the van, Assistive tech things, extras for her power chair, help with expenses for doctor visits to CA and WI etc. She told me after she was home "I was not paying attention and the guy already knew the answers so I did not tell him anything but "I DON'T KNOW. She said "I did not like him and he just kept bothering me asking me dumb questions."
My gosh he probably thought we do not teach her anything at home. The stinker!!


Elizabeth is a amazing child and she never stops shocking me.

Many prayers for the Doebberts. Today was the day Andrea was to go into the hospital and be induced. Hope " Baby Shriek" is beautiful as the other two and healthy!!

We believe in miracles because we live with one.
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

No comments: