Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer is just starting..... (Spinal Muscular Atrophy)


Sorry. Its been a few days since I have updated.

If you have not heard from me and you have emailed me I am really sorry. Something is wrong with my broadband so I have been using dial up so getting to staying online is hard. I get kicked off VERY easily. I hope I have the broad band fixed by tomorrow.

Its been extremely busy around here. Today for instance, I had my grand-kids , my niece and as always my Lizzy. ALL DAY LONG.... Never a dull moment. Babies cooing, Babies crying, Lizzy having a melt down because needs help with her computer, Rachael(Typical 13 year old) arguing with me about her attitude, changing diapers and losing of my sanity(it seems like some days). Oh and changing my shirt because one of the babies spit up on me. I don't get a chance to get much done these days as for myself, but that is okay. I love kids and taking care of them is natural for me. I would of had twelve if I could of. ( yeah right!!! )

We took Elizabeth and Caitlyn on Saturday to a indoor football game at the Coliseum in Bloomington. Extreme was playing. The MDA got us tickets and it was a great time. Elizabeth and Caitlyn thought it was the best time ever. It was last minute decision and with in 45 minutes we were packed and on our way to Bloomington. Paul got Caitlyn and Elizabeth Cotton candy and a huge slushy. Elizabeth just had tastes but the excitement on her face was something I will remember for a long time. Every one thought Elizabeth was so pretty and her power chair was too cool. Her and Caitlyn both felt very special. We also saw Amber (Director of the MDA in our area) and her two daughters. We talked to Amber for a bit. Not sure if Lizzy will be the area Good will Ambassador yet or if they will do a segment on her for the MDA.

The antisapation has started.... We go to the FSMA Conference on Thursday.
Elizabeth is so excited and we are too. Elizabeth says she wants to see her friends and show DR.Schroth how big she is now and how much she can do. She says she would like to see DR.Wang also.

Also more hurdles for us to jump with New Air Travel Rules for Respiratory Equipment are in the June MDA Quest online Learn more about this new regulation that is already in effect in the Quest Online article, and about other issues that are important to the MDA community at:
www.mda.org/advocacy Oh boy, can not wait to figure this one out since we fly out to CA in July for Lizzy DR.Wang's visit. I will start calling tomorrow to figure out what kind of things we have to do now. If we could afford to just drive we would. This is getting crazy just to fly with Elizabeth.


Lizzy has been doing great. She recovered quickly with the last illness. (All that good donor breast milk she gets makes her bounce back fast)

Many prayers to all the sick kids and for all the family and friends going to FSMA conference for a safe trip there and home.

We believe in miracles because we live with one!!
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

No comments: