Friday, September 11, 2009

She Never Stops Amazing Me (Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1)


I love this pic of Lizzy around this same time last year.

We had to take Lizzy to ISU (Il. State University ) yesterday for evaluation for Lizzy to see what kind of devices for communication and assistive tech that would help Elizabeth be more assessable. Also, to see where exactly she is as far mental comprehension. Knowing how she was uncooperative with the State Psychologist and with me sometimes during our home school sessions we did not know what to expect. Well, she shocked all of us. She awed them with her knowledge comprehension level. She far exceeds the normal 6 year old mentality/intelligence. OH my.... It was incredible the amount she knew. I did figure out though that Elizabeth has been playing me. Little stinker.
It makes me feel very good that Elizabeth has been paying attention and learning. I guess I can not complain about her watching the history channel with her Papa...... (gritting my teeth here). Paul watches it EVERY DAY ALL AFTERNOON and sometimes into the evening. She also ALWAYS has been pretty observant and does not miss a thing. I lost my TV independence with him home now. My Lizzy never stops amazing. I am very privileged to have this little girl in my life.

So, we will be working with two different reps from two different companies here soon.

Elizabeth's birthday plans are still not set as I had thought. Dawn asked if Lizzy could have her party at her house because the renovations are about done. Well.. I was informed tonight that Robbie my grand-son is celebrating his birthday the day after Elizabeth's party was planned. Now, Dawn has a baby shower for her best friend the same day as Lizzy was going to have her party. I told Christen if she would of sent out the invitations like I told her this would not have never of happened. This really sucks. Every miles stone for Elizabeth is something to celebrate. I guess we come back from the Chicago walk we will be doing her party the next day. Two days early. It is the way it has to be I guess. She wants The Highschool Musical theme this year.

I just heard our good friend Molly from California (that we have stayed with before) has to have surgery, Many prayers to Molly.

Many Prayers to MJ also I just read an update and she is sick . MJ get better soon!!

Lizzy shots are next week. I do not look forward to that.
I also get my flu shot next week and the rest of the family too . Flu season is upon us. I pray Lizzy stays as healthy this fall and winter as she did this summer.

Have a good week-end.

Many prayers to all that need them.

"We believe in miracles because we live with one"

www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

1 comment:

Mary said...

Love this picture of Lizzy! She makes a very good "Fancy Nancy!" :)