Friday, December 30, 2011

The End of a Very Eventful Year- Living with Spinal Muscular Atrophy

Sitting here thinking about this past year I sigh and think "We got through so many situations this past year and we are still  here!" RSV, illnesses, Unemployment,  not knowing how we would get through the month, Paul's accident, living situations changed, putting my mother in the nursing home, loss of so many close friends and the list goes on and on. Taking a deep breath I think "With out our close  friends and family we would of not of gotten here". The power of prayer is a magnificent thing. You can feel all around you that people are praying for you . I would close my eyes at times thinking "How are we going to get through this? " and then, I could feel the prayers surrounding me and it was like we were led through a storm to a safe place. Thank you all that prayed for us and those that helped us out. I am forever in debt to your kindness.

My Mom is very good these days. First time since I can remember Mom's Christmas cards that did not have so much mumbo jumbo written on it that did not make sense. She is getting the mental and Physical help she needs and that itself was my best gift this year.









Paul the wonderful guy he is took my healthy grand kids out to see my mom for her Christmas party. The kids had a blast and mom was so tickled to surrounded her great grand kids. Lizzy was home sick with Christen and I both.  The very next morning I hear groans and some scary sounds coming from the upstairs bathroom. Paul was vomiting and had severe diarrhea. Being an insulin dependent diabetic he had me worried. Granted I had no sleep the night before because of doing treatments on Lizzy around the clock. Christen help me tag team Lizzy and slept on my floor in my room to help with Lizzy. Lizzy was on supplemental O2 for two days. She ran high fevers and then it settled in her chest. So, here I am taking care of Paul too. Disinfecting every time we went in the bathroom besides every inch of the house!! I would hear him down stairs and I would run down stairs and clean that bathroom too!!! I was a "Freak!! OH my goodness!!
Lizzy and I have not left the house in two weeks. No family gatherings for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. We were home and safe. Lizzy had a great Christmas even though she was sick.
Lizzy was still having problems yesterday.She had thick mucus in her I could not get out. I tried to figure out what was going on and her sinus passage was blocked. So, today I used MFR therapy on her some neb meds her and got the blockage out. She has been so much better today.
Below are pics of her at the Rotary Club's Christmas party a few weeks ago. I will have more pics of her later.


My brother in law was in a coma for two days and the doctors said "They did not think he would survive." Well,  I am here to tell you that after we requested prayers from family and friends and he came out of the coma today spitting and sputtering!! Divine intervention!! The power of prayer and positive words. Believe in miracles because they work!! Thank goodness my brother Rory and his family are there with Rita .
Sending healing prayers to MJ also. She has been sick for a long time. MJ get better!!  Sending healing prayers to Sophia Gaynor too!!

Thank you all that are in our lives and Thank you for your continued prayers!!

2012 will be a great year. I feel it!!

"We believe in miracles because we live with one!"
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth 

No comments: