Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Just a quick update- Living with SMA

Wrote this a week ago and I guess I did not finish!! I will update again soon!! Its been a better week!

As,  Christmas approachesI have been going through some thing  lately that seem to be making a huge impact on my emotions. A death of a son of a couple that were our very best friends over 25 years ago three weeks ago. Then, his father....... our old friend died a week ago tomorrow last week. Did the son tap his Dad on the shoulder and tell him it was time to go? Imagine what that family has been going through the past few weeks. Losing a sibling and a son then, to lose their father and X husband. I could not imagine. Lizzy and I have said prayers for them. It hurts me to know they are all going through such a difficult time
 It was like we had gone back to a different time seeing many old friends and acquaintances . We are all old!! Where has these friendships gone ? How was it back over 25 years ago we could not seem to live with out each other and then we do not even know each other now? I still have many feelings embedded in my heart for some of these people but how can we lose touch like we have? I did not even know I missed my old friends until I saw them again. My life took huge changes again when Lizzy was diagnosed. My old friends  have no clue as what my life is these days. They have no idea what it is to fight so hard to save a grandchild that your care for that was diagnosed with SMA. They have no idea how I try to help as many families as I can with what I have learned from caring for Elizabeth.  This past week wore heavy on my emotions besides my heart.
Lizzy had the Rotary club Christmas Party on Tuesday. She loved it. Its a great thing they do for special needs kids.
Lizzy had swim therapy today and worked so hard today. I was so proud of her.  She said ,when we got there  that "She could not wait to get in that pool!" I knew she like swimming but now I know she loves it.
Lizzy is our miracle. She is so special and is so happy all the time. I am content with that.

Special prayers to our sick friends!! Asking a few for me too. My headaches continue. I have had them since the car accident. I need to get to a chiropractor but when? I have no time to do anything for myself lately.

 Have a fantastic holiday season!!
"We believe in miracles because we live with one!!"

No comments: