Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ho Ho Ho (Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1)


Pretty interesting news out there about our IL Gov isn't there. The thing is I don't think he thinks he did anything wrong. My impression is that he believes he was/is "above the law". Sad but true.

Woke up today and there was a bit of drama around here. My husband and Elizabeth's Dad had started MONTHS ago redoing the upstairs bathroom. Well, there was a leak and the toilet had to come up. Well, Paul broke the porcelain throne pulling it out to redo the drain. Long story short he did not replace it because he said we didn't have the money. Okay, well today Christen dropped something down the hole with the new pipes in it and they all went about 30 miles to get plumbing things to pull it back up.
So, for many months in the morning its been like I living nightmare trying to run Lizzy down stairs to pee and me holding her doing the "Pee Pee Dance" myself while Papa is in there doing his daily duty. Its been nuts. I mean nuts. So, someone called about a week ago(Family member) and asked what I wanted for Christmas. I replied after one of the morning rituals (The pee pee dancing holding Lizzy and waiting for Papa to get his morning duty done) I want a upstairs toilet for Christmas being sarcastic of coarse. Well, Guess what ? At this very moment in the van hid from me is a freaken upstairs toilet my wonderful loving husband bought for me for Christmas. ugh...... Okay.... I know we need this and I know we are coming up on the shut down of his job but come on.... a freaken Toilet for Christmas????????? I would of rather him bought it put it in and gave me nothing but to say its my Christmas Present. I only know about this because Lizzy told me and it was a secret. Am I wrong to feel this way? I asked my daughter Christen and she is not a good liar. Yep, I got a toliet for Christmas. You know you have to laugh but then you feel like you have been betrayed or something. What the heck......I guess I will just as they say "go with the flow!!!!!"

Lizzy is doing great. Sitting behind me coloring in her color book with a marker.
I hope I gave you a laugh as we all need it right now.
Hope the holidays are good to you.

Many Prayers to our friend Shira. She has RSV. Poor sweetie!!!!
Prayer to Kaitlyn and all the sick kids right now.

Hey say a few prayers for me that they finish my kitchen after the upstairs bathroom is finished in case we have to move and just because it needs to be finished. Now that would be a great Christmas present!!

Happy holidays!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ok, that is funny! At least you got it though! You got a throne for Christmas...lol! I know how it is to only have one bathroom! It sucks! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

That is funny Jeanna! I actually got a toilet lid for Valentine's Day once! Wasn't really sure how to take that one!
I didn't know you had a blog! I should pay more attention!
At least your Governor is making that Detroit mayor look like a choir boy!

Kimberley said...

After I wrote you last night I got to thinking(and chuckling;O)....perhaps the toilet itself is not the surprise, but rather the finished bathroom?! Sure hope your happy either way!

Kimberley and Kaitlyn

Lizzy's Nina said...

Its all good. I know he was just thinking about how happy I would be having one back up there. I know he meant well.
Now lets just hope he gets it put in soon!