Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lizzy's letter to President Obama (Spinal Muscular Atrophy)


Elizabeth was with her speech pathologist yesterday Allison and they decide to write a letter together to President Obama. They talked about things Elizabeth thought he needed to do. Now, this is coming from a 5 year old. You got to love them for being so honest and thinking a president can help like this. She is been very aware of who President Obama is and she knows his office helped us at one time when an airlines would not let us fly because she had a food pump. When he won the election she was so excited.

DR. President Obama:

I need you to get me some of the stuff I need and help others.

I need you to help my Papa or get him a new job so he is not upset. (His work is being bought by a company from Spain at auction . This company wants to lower wages to $10.00 an hour, bust their union and cut health benefits drastically. If this happens we will lose our house. The company is in bankruptcy court right now.)

I need your help us to get a lift for our van so I can take my power chair every where.

We need you to help all the kids like me get the medications they need and make them stronger. ( Research, Clinical studies and Adult stem cell research)
She said he needs to make more people know about SMA so many kids they don't get sick. (So I guess that means more awareness about SMA)

I need you to help all the handicapped people get what they need.

I need you to the teach all doctors about SMA so they know how to take care of people with SMA.
I want you to help the hungry kids get food.

Thank you,

Elizabeth Hallam
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

Wow... some pretty deep stuff for a 5 year old. (My explanations in parentheses)

4 comments:

Barb said...

Well said, Lizzy!

Sky said...

That letter is perfect!!!!

Lizzy's Nina said...

Thanks Barb and Sheila.
:)

Victoria Strong said...

Wow! Lizzy's words are heartbreakingly beautiful! I agree, well said. She is my inspiration.