Monday, January 5, 2009

Not so good news for us (Spinal Muscular Atrophy)


Lizzy is doing better. She is back in her "Purple power chair" running all over the house tormenting her mother.

Please have the Sartoris Family in your thoughts, prayers and hearts today and tomorrow. Their sweet angel Sam earned his wings Jan.1st He was a very special little guy.


Well, The company Interlake here in Pontiac that my husband works for filed bankruptcy today. For some reason the union and workers have been told it will not be until Wednesday they would file.
Please please please add the workers of Interlake,their families and us all in your prayers. I ask again. The power of prayer works.
So, many unanswered questions . Its hurts to think we might have to leave my kids and my parents. My daughter Dawn is expecting a baby and due in March I want to be here to help her. I don't know if we will be able to stay here. Will we be have to or able to sell our house if we have to move? Will my husband be able to find a job at 54 if he has too? Will he be able to stay at his work. Will I be able to find work if I have to? The worrying is consuming my waking thoughts. From what I understand the company from Spain called Mecalux is supposedly buying the Interlake in Bankruptcy court. How that affects the workers in still unknown. The gag order is now off the workers and we know now that Interlake tried to get the workers to take pay cuts, senority, pay more insurance costs, cut dental, take away vacation and all sorts of things, Four inch thick worth of demands so Metcalux would buy them. They threaten Bankruptcy and closing the doors if the workers and union would not agree to the terms. That was last week. The workers were on gag order until today.

What ever it takes we will do it to keep us together. Elizabeth needs us to be strong for her.

Okay, President Elect Obama you have your work cut out for you in 2009. Lets see how you will get things done. You have a great staff with some of the best minds. There has to be solutions to this economy mess.

We all have a lot of challenges we are facing this New Year already.

The Prison situation is on hold for now.

We believe in Miracles. They do happen. I live with one and her name is Elizabeth.

www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

No comments: