Monday, January 4, 2010

Living in a Snow globe - Living with Spinal Muscular Atrophy

It is still freezing here. It's soooooo cold...Pepper our  dog is peeing ice pellets when she goes out side to pee.

The wind chill is so cold it goes right through you . This leaves a chill that doesn't go away.
I have been searching for the perfect exercises to help my back and also help me lose some inches in my abs. I have done so many and some I have not been able to do because I am too old,out of shape(Imagine that)  or bothers my back. I did find a yoga video  That was great but not very long (3 mins long) on YOU  tube that help stretch me and I could feel it in my stomach and it helped my back.
I quit Curves last March because #1) I caught a bad virus from a mom and brought it home to Lizzy and #2) I could not afford it anymore with Paul's layoff.  I have been pretty good on dieting since Jan 1.  I just  pulled out my book I used to use to lose weight "Lets Do Lunch" by Roger Troy Wilson and will be reading it again and reprogram my mind to DIET.  Dieting is not as easy as it was for me as it was when I quit smoking. I love good food and I love to cook.  Anyone that reads this if have a good Yoga DVD  out there send me the info. red542000@aol.com I need to figure out a way to really stick to this. My focus has been Elizabeth for so long I forgot about taking care of myself. I am so out of the shape. I have to do this. I can not take care of Lizzy properly if I can not move. My back went out on News Years Eve because Rachael accidently bumped my back with her elbow right in that trigger spot. Imagine Ice on a cavity in your tooth but.... times that 10 times worse. It took my breath away and hurt so bad I thought I was going to faint.... That is when I decided it was time to work on me also. I worked on Elizabeth this morning for about an hour and half after I got her treatments done.  She got as usual with her ball time( I stretch her on the exercise ball on her tummy and on her back) , massage with almond oil. stretching etc so I figure once I get her done and get her food started she can watch me for an hour every day. We did today and it worked. Not quite an hour work out for me but once I find a dvd that works for me it will work I think. She loved watching me giving me tips!! LOL 

Elizabeth and I are going to try to change our schedule to get to bed earlier so we can get up earlier. I am up till 3am most of the time.  I watch Lizzy sleep to make sure she is okay. She is in bed asleep by midnight but that is also too late also. I just like staying up late because its peaceful and quiet.
I figure I can get more active in the SMA World again helping families by talking to them and being a VOICE that people listens to if I have more energy and feel better about myself. I do talk to many familes but I think its time I get more involved. I need to share more of what I do with Elizabeth. She is doing more stuff again and I need to help others keep their kids as healthy as Lizzy. Once you get the routine set its gets easier.  I feel I have lived in this giant snow globe for weeks now.  It's wonderful and peaceful in our snow globe but its not healthy for us to keep living this way.
 All the holidays are over and  tree is down.  Decorations are put away . I have some small packages to mail yet....Oh boy being home with out being able to get out to get things done what I need done is driving me crazy. Christen has seriously not been home with out running, babysitting  or cleaning for somebody for WEEKS. Then, she comes home and the post office is closed and falls asleep in the chair. So, she has been no help at all to me till yesterday. She got some cleaning and dusting done.  Hallelujah, I am doing the happy dance. I hate dusting because I am allergic to dust. I think there were "Killer Dust Bunnies" lurking in the corners.  I do the dishes most of the time , the cooking, wash clothes and other households chores besides take care of Lizzy.   So, its a trade off for Christen to dust and help me clean.
Well, time for me to get Lizzy started back on her home schooling.
Stay warm.
"We believe in miracles because we live with one."
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

No comments: