Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And we have SUN today!! - Living with Spinal Muscular Atrophy




We have sun today. Yes.... The sun has not been out for what it seems for months. Need some of that natural Vit D to soak up. If it was not so darn cold I would just go sit on the steps for an hour or so.

Lizzy is addicted to the INTERNET now. She thinks she does not have to do any school work on the programs we have. She thinks she needs to be on her lap top constantly. So, how do you break that?  Its hard to discipline a child that is diabled because they want to be more independant and find a way to contol things in their lives themselves. I know....... just because she is handicapped does not mean she has to be a brat. She is not a brat but she gets VERY whiney, holds her breath and scares the bejeepers out of us when she does not get her way some times.

I have been pretty good sticking to my diet. The town we live in has a contest going on to help people get fit and healthy. For $1.00 you can have a team of 4 and you have 12 weeks to lose weight  The team to lose the most weight gets a Prize. I dont care about the prize I just want to progam myself again to lose and maintain!!    I have been working on my girls to do this with me.  So , far just today Jessica is interested but the problem is getting them to stick with it.  Keep your fingers crossed. I have been making recipes and we are  making a grocery list before shopping.  I have been doing bigger sides of veggies and less meat. I have been eating 5 fruits a day. The evercise....... UGH  I am trying to do but my day is so crazy sometimes even getting time for a bath sometimes is not until evening. The only problem is that Elizabeth's dad bought cheese cake, taco dip, lots of junk food  just to be a **it. then he told Christen "I love you just for who you are" . Give me a flipping break..... I am 51 and maybe men say that but.... every man wants a" hot" wife/girlfriend. I know I have been married for 35 years and I know I get treated better when I am thin. Its human nature.  Last time I was on steroids for my back I  lost the weight quickly because I worked two jobs, walked 5 miles a day and watched what I ate. Not so easy this time.  I have more going on in my life and many whole total life changes have taken place. These are not excuses these are FACT. I just have to work harder to get my self back to the way I used to think.

Did you know you can eat one piece of dark chocolate and drink green tea and it will calm you? Its good for you.  Yeah..... heard that today on the "View"

Paul is better this week and seems to be getting everything all figured out. He has been running around the house today with this stupid hat with goggles on making Elizabeth and us laugh.  He has been doing great on his tests but living with him has been a nightmare. I blew up at him over the week-end. He has been NO help to me what so ever with Lizzy, he gets mad very easy, He was so stressed out he was not comprehending what he reads and has to re-read things at times 6 times. I told him to relax and FOCUS!!! My gosh I went to college when I had 4 kids, bartended nights& week-ends and ran a house hold. He would not help me them either. Now, its all coming back to haunt him!! It was very hard for me and I did very well but I had I had to quit because he was not helping me. I raised the kids and he paid bills. That is about how it went back then. So, I brought that to his attention and explained to him HOW I DID it and how I learned FOCUS.  Maybe it helped.  I hope so.



I inserted  baby pics of Elizabeth above. Using my old computer I have lots of old pics of here!!

Five weeks till March!!  Sprng will be here before you know it!! 




Many prayers for the sick kiddos!!


"We believe in miracles because we live with one"

www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

No comments: