Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer so Far- Living with Spinal Muscular Atrophy

Its been a totally interesting  week so far. I caught Lizzy online playing poker today. Yeah, I said poker. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I took her off the site and we found another web-site that she liked that was not poker. Too smart for her own good. She has wanted to go outside in her power chair last few days but it has been storming here.
Sunday, Oh, let me tell you about Sunday. We had a cook out and Lizzy's dad was here and Caitlyn. Christen and Brandon went to go get Corbyn at Dawn and Jeff's for the night also. Well, to make a long story short at Dawn's and Jeff's Brandon was upset and flipping disappeared. They live on a lake with 300 acres surrounding them. Brandon was slightly upset over a situation and left the door to the truck open, wallet , key to his room, inhaler and you name it he left it all in the truck. He disappeared for hours.  They drove all over in the Polaris looking for him and he was no where.  Christen looked for him for 4 hours. Lizzy told me " He did not go any where and he was fine and we needed to go to bed " Lizzy was right.. After hours of Christen,Dawn and Caitlyn freaking out he texted Christen and said he was in the truck driving home. What an ass. How selfish is a person to put others through this? I think he was in the corn field watching everyone freak out there. I was not freaking out. I was to the point I did not really care anymore.  I knew he was fine and messing with every one. Needless,to say it was around 4am when we got everyone settled down here and to bed. Again,  I say "What an ass!!  Thank goodness I do not have to live with the guy!!
Its conference time and we were are not able to attend . Its  okay we have a trip next month that will totally make up for it.
Lizzy is enjoying summer on days it doesn't rain!!
"We believe in miracles because we live with one!"
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

2 comments:

Barb said...

Lizzy playing poker online; that absolutely made my day!! If Drew finds out I'm sure he'll find a way to have her show him:)

Smilen Champ said...

HI
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. You are an amazing, smart, brave, courageous fighter. U are an inspirational hero, brave warrior, and a super trooper. i was born with arare life threatening disease. I love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com