Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lizzy doing well (Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1)


Lizzy is doing better. This morning though, I got out two HUGE plugs in her nose. She kept saying she had more...... OMG..... it was unreal but I got them. Thank goodness for those nasal acorns we have. If not for them I don't think I could of gotten the plugs out. Lizzy even went to swim therapy today and LOVED it!! We just put a mask on her and took her in the hospital. The OT that was helping today I actually handed her a mask since she said she was getting over a cold. Lizzy has not been in water therapy for awhile so this was great. DR.Schroth said we could take her. So, we are going to take her to her therapy sessions unless she has a fever. Swim therapy also breaks up stuff in her trunk in her chest. She did excellent today. She is actually taking a nap right now. Rare occurrence for her.
No green gunk just white and clear. Yey!

We heard about a almost one year old baby girl that passed away today because of this disease. I hate SMA. I flipping just hate it. It takes the life of little babies and so many kids. We will pray for this family they will be in our hearts.

No comments: