Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lizzy Update (Spinal Muscular Atrophy)


Lizzy had started busting the junk up in her chest the other day. Let me tell you this is the worst illness she has EVER had at home. I thought the other day she was better with no fever and the stuff was finally coming out. NOPE!!!!!!! Its been worse with the stuff coming out. She would choke on the junk and it was thick as Elmer's glue and white. It has been so bad. No sleep for me and Christen. Treatments were lasting 2 hours and still her top lobes were full. She would get done eating then I would start the inline nebs. Then again Cough after cough, neb after neb , IPV after IPV . Turning her upside down, coughing her on her side, in drainage position,Chest pt , Poor sweetie she has been such a trooper through all of this . This Influenza crap is the worst I have ever seen.
If your kids get it keep them well hydrated and treatments every 2 hours around the clock. If you can not handle at home take them in to the hospital. This stuff is BAD!!!!!!
Lizzy had high fever for two days ,Diarrhea for 4 days, on bipap all the time except for treatments, she has had anti viral meds and Antibiotics. She did not drop below 94 on bipap except a few times and then her o2 came right back up after a cough. During coughs a few days we had to bleed in o2 only 1 liter but just to help her. I have NEVER done that at home. I went through a whole box of saline and mucimist.

Today her lobes cleared out. Finally. She is doing so much better.
She also has bad break down on her nose.
WE DID IT!!!!! OMG!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!

I still have not held my new grand baby and have not seen him except for the day he was born. Dawn has been sending me pics on my phone every day. I have not left my room for about a week unless it was down stairs making food or soaking her masks, neb stuff , IPV etc.

We have a trip to Madison this week on Friday.
Thank you for all the prayers keep them coming. They are working.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so Lizzy is glad to hear Lizzy is doing better now! She has the best team ever! Sending you all lots of love!