Friday, November 20, 2009

Divine Intervention- Spinal Muscular Atrophy



Wow, today is Friday. I didn't not even know what day it was this morning. Isn't that funny? My world seems to stop when Lizzy is sick. Around the clock treatments and worrying about her consume my inner- being.  I think my age is kicking in because I have needed help in the wee hours of Thursday morning to get a huge plug out of Lizzy and had to wake Christen up to help me. I had just  got a treatment done and Lizzy had plugged. I was so exhausted I needed help because I was not getting it out on my own.
I used be able to stay up for days with out sleep. Not any more. Elizabeth has no fever only junk in her nose and trunk now


To add to my already stressful week my stove decided to run the broiler  on its own when its off and even when it just plugged in. Its runs constantly. You can not shut it off. Scared the bejeepers out of all of us. Weirdest thing I ever did see.  How could  stove just run on its on when shut off. Its quit after it was unplugged. Its a smooth burner top stove and not that old. It probably shorted out.  I dont know I just want the thing gone before I try to use it and it causes a fire or something. So, I went online  late last night to see if I could find one cheap on Craig's list because we can not afford to get this fixed. No way  we can do this at this time in our life buy a new stove. Its too tight here money wise. Well, I put an ad on Craig's List  and this wonderful man emailed me back from about 30 miles a way that is going to GIVE  me a stove to get it that he bought 2 years ago and never did use it. He said its in his way in his garage.  It tis season of miracles. I truly believe in the power of prayer. Divine intervention. God works in mysterious ways. Its a stove that is very similar to mine and the same color as my fridge. My appliances have not been the same color since my fridge that cost me around $1200.00 brand new after 4 years quit working about 6 years ago.

The kindness of people hearts the past 6 years  just surprise me. Another thing happened recently that also makes me believe in the power of prayer and miracles. I think since caring for Elizabeth I have become so much more spiritual. I pray with Lizzy every night. I believe that Lizzy's angels that watch over her and God are actually looking out for us in our times of deep need. How else do things like this happen? Divine Intervention is what I believe it is. This man was so great to do this for us.

Many prayers for all our sick friends.

Keep Lizzy in your prayers

"Believe in the power of prayer"
"We believe in miracles because we live with one."
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

1 comment:

Shantay said...

Just stopping by to say HI. I am Shantay, a friend of Amanda. I look forward to donating Milk to Lizzy... maybe one day we can meet. *smiles*