Saturday, November 28, 2009

Questions that surprise you - Living with Spinal Muscular Atrophy


"Nina, who is going to take care of me when I am older?" Those words today took me by surprise. Tears flooded my face and I just held her tight. My heart felt like it was going to break. I have tears flooding my face again right now thinking about the moment when Lizzy asked me this today. Wow.... I was not expecting this question from her out of the blue. I told her " I will take care of you as long as I can and then Mommy if I am not around" Then, talking to Christen about this tonight Elizabeth had asked Christen this morning the same thing but added "she wanted to have a brother or sister who would take care of her when we were too old to help her." How can a six year old think about such things? What makes their little minds work like this? Some one will always be in our family to take Elizabeth because we all love her dearly. I will care for her until the day I take my last breath in this world.

Lizzy helped her Dad put up some lights on her ramp. She asked this year if we could do that for her on "her ramp".  So, we asked Brandon to put them up and he did. As you see in the picture above she is overseeing the project to make sure it was done right.

Thanksgiving is over and Christmas season is in full swing. Lizzy begged for snow the other night but only got a few sprinkles on Wed morning. She wants to ride in her sled so bad.
We had a great Thanksgiving with my Dad. We went out to eat with my him and my step mother Roz. He had us put back in a  corner with a huge table and we were alone basically. After, dinner since Kmart was across the street and not busy Lizzy got to run around Kmart having a blast. So, much to be thankful for.

Friday..... let me see uh.... I lost my mind for hours. I had three extra  grand-kids here. I love them  all but........ not all at once. I am still finding things they got into. Today, I am back to earth again. Paul hid out in the basement in his shop while they were here. Chicken.

We are having our family Thanksgiving tomorrow at Dawn's

Elizabeth  has been doing well now since WED and finally over that  bad sinus infection.

Thank you for all that asked about Lizzy doing her illness and added her to your prayers.

Many prayers for our friends Hannah and MJ who are very sick.

"We believe in miracles because we live with one"
www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

1 comment:

Maria B. said...

Jojo hasn't asked me that question yet. I think in his mind he believes that when he's a grown up he will be just like everyone else: walking etc. He still tells me that he'll take care of me when I'm really old. I really don't know what to say. Lizzy is so blessed to have a big family (and young Nina and Mommy) who love her.