Monday, November 23, 2009

People in our Lives we are Thankful for - Living with Spinal Muscular Atrophy


Elizabeth is a bit better but still plugging. She is still on every three hour treatments.  Those treatments wee hours in the morning are kicking my hiney. I could not tell you when I have gotten 7 hours straight sleep.  I hate it when my girl is so sick. DR.Schroth put Elizabeth on another antibiotic on Saturday. She says Elizabeth has a bad sinus infection. Elizabeth did insist on sitting in her power chair today for an hour. She did well.

Elizabeth has been doing a lot of school work with her learning videos and is a sponge. She loves her new science Soft ware THINKIN SCIENCE. Very cool program. Teaches kids about animals and all sorts of things. She loves it. She had to call her mom today at Dawn's and tell her all about what she learned. Is that not precious?


The stove we got given to us works like charm. I cleaned it up and switched the oven racks and it works GREAT and looks great. Love it. I am still awed at how we got it so quick.  All we had to do was pick it up about 30 miles away and clean it.  It has more features than my other one did. Its not that old either. I am telling you somebody up there is watching out for us.

Paul did put the toilet back in the bathroom down stairs today since Brandon FINALLY finished the tile on Sunday but some how it was cracked. So, we have to buy a new toilet. Better to buy a new toilet than a new stove. I will take the good we have been having and not complain about the bad.

Paul  is going to take classes here soon for heating and air conditioning. Maybe he can get a job around here. Things might be turning around here before long. He has aged so much and his stress level has been very high. The only person he has patience with is Elizabeth. I am very worried about him.

Good things have been happening to us lately and special things in Lizzy's life too. Believing in miracles as well as blessings help get me through each day.

We have a new donor for Elizabeth for breast milk and we are so very excited. One of her previous donors( an awesome great lady) from last spring asked a friend to help Elizabeth. That itself is a miracle. Keeping her the amount she needs each day is something I always worry about. She does so well on the diet she is on I hate to cut her back on the breast milk.  Now, I will not have to!! That is such a relief!!  She sounds like an awesome lady. Lizzy's angels are working hard lately watching over her.

Thank you for all of you that care about Elizabeth. Elizabeth is such a special child. I will say it again to have her in my life is a gift. You need know her if you don't.  She is an amazing child. She is so wise for her young years. We have several conversations daily about all sorts of topics.

Keep Lizzy as well as the other sick kiddos out there in your prayers.

We have a lot to be thankful for. The people that have come into our lives are so very special to us. I am thankful for all you that are so dear to us. You are amazing people and each one of you are in prayers.


"We believe in miracles because we live with one"

www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth

No comments: