Thursday, September 11, 2008


Here is Lizzy , Christen (Lizzy's Mom)and news anchor man Bob Larson WMBD News at the MDA telethon in Peoria,IL a few weeks ago.
Its almost time from our trip to Kentucky to Courageous Kids. We leave in the early a.m in the morning. Lizzy is so excited. She can not wait to see MJ , Brenda and some friends she met last summer. Its funny how they remember things after 3 years old.


Please watch Lizzy's friend Sophia's Video. Its great!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPGClmsUPnQ

I want to thank all my wonderful friends on the amount of emails I got from my last "Venting" update. Thank you for caring. Cory , Katie, Andrea and Mary . You all are way too kind to me. I do what I do for Lizzy and all these kids.

Yes, I have given up some things in my life but in turn I have gained a lot. The close friends I have gained ,education and just my life is so important to me now. To know we have made a difference is what keeps me wanting to do more. I have always tried to find ways to fix things in my professional and personal life to make them better but never has it gotten to the point where I feel that this is the what I am supposed to do. Its so satisfying to help Lizzy beat the odds. To see her do things they say she would not be able to do its just emotional to me. Its funny thinking about about how things used to be. Its like it was another person's life not mine. Ohhhhh my weight gain upsets me don't get me wrong (Just about 100 pounds in 5 years due to my back injury) but my mind is so alert now and I just love learning more I can do to help Lizzy . Maybe I will someday be able to start walking again and buy more the things I need to get my weight back down but for now that is impossible.
Thank you all who have made an impact in our lives.
Well back to packing.
Many prayers to my good friend Karen Slavik. She lost two children to this awful disease.
She needs prayers to deal with some more major life changing events in her life recently. Love you Karen and you are in our prayers.

to view more about Lizzy visit her web-site

Gwendolyn Strong is a ten-month-old girl who was diagnosed with SMA1 in April. Her parents have started a petition to take to Congress to support the SMA Treatment Acceleration Act, a bipartisan proposal to increase funding for this disease. They hope to get 50,000 signatures. I hope they get a lot more.Please consider taking a few seconds to sign the petition:http://www.petitiontocuresma.com/ We need to save these babies and these kids!!! PLEASE SIGN !!


No comments: