Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Research pays off

We got Lizzy's fasting blood test results in on Monday and I have to say I was pretty excited. The Essential Fatty Acid Profile and her Aminos were just Fantastic. Actually all the results were great!! Its due to her tolerex/ donor breast milk diet!! I am just thrilled. Her neutrophils were slightly low but nothing to worry about according to DR. Kelley and DR. Swoboda. They seem think its the drug she is on. She also had gotten a sinus infection a few days after she had the test done. So we are getting the neutrophils rechecked on Friday.
Fighting to get donor breast milk and the Tolerex is so worth it !! It helps these kids!! The breast milk has "Human Fat" and it is so much easier for these kids to digest than other fats.
Lizzy will be 5 in a few weeks!!!!
Hope you are having a great week. I actually am taking an hour a day for 3 days a week and started going to CURVES last night. I don't usually leave Lizzy much but I have gained SO much weight I need to do this for myself. I hate being this heavy.

1 comment:

Heather Rice said...

I am a nurse to a little guy in KY with type one. He is on Tolerex too, but I don't think they even offered donor breast milk! (His mom was nursing him until he coded, went bad and got diagnosis...) Sounds interesting. BTW- we love MJ too! She is doing Roman's blanket!